Friday, August 7, 2009

New Toy

My hubby bought me a new camera. He did a lot of research and decided that the Nikon D60 would be best for me. LOL. I will take his word for it, because I have NO idea what camera is best for me. I haven't read through the manual completely yet. It's hard with Crash running around getting into stuff. LOL. The kiddos wanted to go to the park today, so I brought the new baby along. My children, well, my boys wanted nothing with being my models. I managed to grab a couple of Tater. Grace warmed up nicely to the idea. LOL. "Mom, let's go over here and do this." "How about this, Mom." She's funny.

I need to read a few books on photography. I don't know much at all. I know I am just tired of my family photos looking like dog poo. I'm excited to start learning though. I would really love to take a class, but I cannot do that without a sitter. Sigh. Darn kids.



Scanning through the photos I took, I can already see that lighting is obviously very important. I noticed a lot of shots where shadows were on faces and what not. I had an easier time shooting in the shade than the sun. LOL. I have a feeling that there will be a lot more pictures of Grace in the near future, unless I can bribe the boys to behave.

4 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Lucky lady! I love that last one of the two older kids. Good luck!

Angie said...

Congrats on the new cam!!!! You'll have SO much fun jacking around with it. Read the manuel. Then read my blog lol. I took photog classes and documented all of it pretty much, you'll figure it out in no time.

Cecilia said...

I will definitely reread your blogs. They might make more sense to me now!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Darling pictures, enjoy your new toy!