Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kmart Rocks My World

I have found a new love in my life. There is one week a month where I devote a lot of my attention to a very special event: Super Doubles. Typically, one week a month, Kmart will double coupons up to $2.00 in value. This means, any item that is $4.00 and under will be free. You can also find sweet deals on super cheap stuff too. I got a few photos of some of my loot. I had a wide shot, but it didn't turn out. Crash had gotten a hold of my camera and put some fingerprints on the lens. Jerk. LOL. Not pictured are the Smart Waters and Frappacinos I already consumed and put in my fridge. :) I plan on selling most of this stuff at an up coming garage sale. I will be able to sell it for a reduced price from what you can get in the store, but I will still turn a little profit. I have already donated quite a bit to some charities too. I figure they could use some stuff too.




Here is an overall breakdown of what I purchased. These numbers are not 100% accurate. A few items were put away in our closet or consumed.
Rolaids- 23 boxes
Visine A.C.- 22 boxes
Reach Floss- 18
Reach Toothbrushes 2 packs- 8
Reach Toothbrushes single pack- 2
Pond's Scrubbing clothes, 15 ct- 4
Gum- 16
Cutter Back Woods bug spray- 5
LaCross Nail tools- 3
Tag Body Spray- 6
Edge, travel size- 8
KY Warming liquid- 5
Skintimate, travel size-1
Dry Idea roll on deodorant- 3
Vaseline Lotion- 22
Kotex liners, 22 ct- 15
LA Looks gel- 11
Listerine Total Care- 10
Smart Water- 34
Rubbermaid 20oz bottles- 19
Suave Lotion-2
Starbuck's Frappacinos- 20
Purex 3 in 1 sheets-3
Total spent out of pocket for all of this is approximately $62.00. I do not know what my actual savings is. Someone threw away my receipts. Cough. Crash. Cough. I would say it was no less than $550. I believe that is a savings of over 80%. I still have $23.00 in coupons I received to use for the next doubles coming up on August 30th. This helps cut on the out of pocket if I have any items that happen to not be free. I will have a post coming soon of my favorite Kmart doubles deals.

5 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Holy crap! My jaw dropped open as I read this post. I thought I did good but no way this good!!! You rock!

Katie said...

WOW!!! I had no idea about this!

Bre said...

Way to go girl! Posts like this make me miss my blog :( I can't wait for doubles again on the 30th!

southern girl said...

please share where you get all your coupons?! I so want to take part in the next double coupon frenzy!

Cecilia said...

Thanks ladies! I didn't do nearly as well as a lot of people though. My out of pocket was a little higher, so next time around I am going to try to lower it.