Friday, August 28, 2009

I think I finally got it right.

If you know me at all, you know what an awful time I have trying to make a decision. It doesn't matter if it is cereal or a car. I just can't decide. The same is true about paint colors. When we moved in two years ago, I was pregnant and my doctor suggested that we wait to paint. Ok. Fine by me. The walls were a flat beige color. It just did not look good at all, but we managed.


The color when we moved it. Notice the horrible brass light fixture.

At the beginning of the year, I finally picked out colors I thought I would like. I chose a dark gray and a burgundy color. We liked it at first. After a couple of months, we both admitted that we were secretly hating the gray. LOL.


Gray and burgundy

So, we venture out and purchase more paint. We go with a color that has a hint of green in it. My hubby loved it, but I was still on the fence. I really didn't like it next to the burgundy. The front wall and the kitchen are painted burgundy. Well, my hubs said that I could paint over the burgundy in the entry and that is what I did!!!


Please ignore the fixture and the ceiling. I still need to touch up. I was just so excited I had to get pictures up!



I really like the color now. It is called Manatee Grey from Glidden. The next post will be about my new bathroom color!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks great!!

Mary said...

Don't you just hate making decisions about home decorating? Even with paint, which can be redone, it just seems so final! But it turned out great-I like the all gray rather than the two colors together.