Friday, August 14, 2009

Camera basics.

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to my new camera. I have NO idea what all of the terms mean. I read the manual and played around with all of the functions. I do not understand when to use the different functions and why I should use them. I am one of those annoying people who needs to know everything about something. I am not just satisfied knowing that something has the ability to perform a function. I have to know everything that goes into it. Perhaps this is the geek in me, but I can't help it!!

The other day, I had trouble sleeping. I slept for a whopping 3 hours and was wide awake. I decided to clean the basement and then play around on the net. I have been debating purchasing a book on photography. I cannot for the life of my decide which one to purchase. There are way too many choices. I figured the best thing I could do is start with the basics. I need to learn the photography terms. I found this site. It may be pretty basic and simplistic, but so am I. :) My plan is to take one letter of the alphabet a day and learn all of those terms. I figure I have to start somewhere.

Here are a couple of books I am contemplating:
Nikon D60 for Dummies- Self explanatory. I'm a dummy and feel really overwhelmed with my new camera. LOL.
The Digital Photography Book- Several blogs I have found recommend this book.

If you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm open to anything.

3 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I'm a dummy too with cameras and I'm super jealous of all the other bloggers out there with their awesome picture taking skills. Try the library first to see which book you like or see if there are others. Have a great weekend!!!

Mary said...

It is so overwhelming-I can relate. We've had a DSLR for about a year and a half and I finally asked my photographer friend to help me learn the basics back in June. I find the people at Creve Coeur Camera are very helpful. Maybe you can take an intro class?

Sharon said...

I really would like to buy a nicer camera but I have no idea where to start!