Monday, July 13, 2009

Hermann, well, Swiss

We took the boys to Swiss this weekend. I always say Hermann. It is near Hermann. Swiss is a tiny country town. My kind of place. My hubby's grandfather owns some land out there. They mainly used it for hunting during the fall. We went out to just get away. We also needed to check up on the place: clean, cut grass, etc. Grace didn't come because she is off running around the upper Midwest with my parents. They are doing a tour of "Little Houses": Little House on the Prairie, Little House in the Big Woods, etc. They took my older niece too. We didn't stay too long. There were a LOT of spiders, even my hubby was concerned with how many there were. Plus, Crash's allergies were really acting up. It was nice to get away for just a night. The boys rode the four wheeler and tried to beat the tar out of each other. :) They started early. I snapped a couple of photos.


Praying mantis hanging out. I think I ticked him off. I kept poking him with a stick.

Trees. I love nature.


Really huge spider.


Crash


Tater was tired of the photos.

I actually didn't scream and yell when I saw the humongo spiders. I tried to get close to get a pic. I was very proud of myself. I did, however, scream like a little girl when Crash decided to play with the bug in the house. He kept flicking it all over the floor and then he stomped on it. LOL. He then sat down and looked at the bottom of his sock because the bug disappeared. My hubby and Tater just laughed like crazy. I immediately washed Crash's hands. EWWWWW!

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Sounds like a good time! I'm with Grace on this one though!

Katie said...

I love/miss Hermann. I do know where Swiss is!! Sounds like fun!