Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things I have not done

Today, I decided to bore you with a list. This is a list of things I have never done, but would like to someday.

1) Ride in a limo
I have never been in any sort of limousine in my life. I know they are just big cars, but ever since I was a young girl, I thought it would be cool to ride in one.

2) Plant a full blown veggie garden
I have had a couple of tomato plants in the past and a few herbs. These were all in pots. I really want a real, honest to goodness garden. I just don't know where to start and I am really afraid of failing.
3) Visited a haunted house
Yes, I know they are fake. I just can't help but feel this is another experience from my childhood that I missed out on.
4) I have never seen the ocean.
Well, I have, in pictures, but that's not really what I mean. I want to put my feet in the ocean. See the beach.
5) Go on vacation
I have never been on a vacation. Sigh. I have taken some weekend trips, but those aren't really vacations to me. We always had another purpose for going.
Yep. I have lived a pretty sheltered life. You have no idea! I didn't have my first Twinkie until I was in the 8th grade. I had my first Slurpee when I was 21 or 22. It wasn't too bad, and you can even get Diet Pepsi ones sometimes!! I didn't have an awful life because I didn't have these experiences. They are just things that I would love to do one day.

5 comments:

Beckie said...

I have never riden in a Limo either, we didn't even have one for our wedding!

Katie said...

I am the same as you with the limo and garden. I have also never been on a horse. You REALLY need a vacation!!

Angie said...

Sounds kind of like a bucket list, great list too. You'll get to do all those things one day, God willing!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I use to work in a haunted house!!! Sounds like all of us bloggers need to plan a GNO with a limo!!! Don't worry about failing with a garden...ours has TOTALLY failed!

Mary said...

Girl, you deserve a vacation. To the beach! I don't know how I would feel about visiting a real haunted house (i.e. not the cheesy types like Silo X). I think I'm too much of a baby. I definitely wouldn't sleep in one overnight!