Monday, May 18, 2009

Several weekend posts coming soon. I hope.

I had a fantastic weekend. It was just all around great. Not that I have bad weekends. This one was just exceptional. I will start with Friday night first. My good friend/coworker T was celebrating her 30th birthday. We met up at O'Aces in Imperial. O'Aces is a sports bar and grill. It is very similar to Hot Shots. T chose this bar because Griffin and the Gargoyles were playing. I've heard a lot about them, but never been to a performance. I was excited, but at the same time I was bummed because my hubby loves them and he couldn't get off work. These are the times I don't like his hours. :( The band was FANTASTIC! Awesome! And any other adjective you would like to throw in. We had a blast. I even saw a friend whom I hadn't spoken to in years. We grew up together a million years ago. I couldn't believe she knew T! Such a small world.
The Birthday Girl


Most of the P.T. Girls (it's our little joke)


Me cheesin


N and her hubby S. N used to be a P.T. girl


J who also was a P.T. girl and our boss T.
We had so much fun dancing and singing. We shut the place down. I haven't done that in forever. I probably shouldn't have danced as much as I did. My knees were a little sore the next day. Shoot, they are still sore and it's been three days.
Hopefully, D will be able to get off work some time so we can see Griffin together. T said to count her and her hubby in! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Looks like a great time! It's fun to shut down the bar every now and then but it hurts the next day!

Angie said...

I love Griffin and Bob! Griffin went to my high school and we used to go see them in 1999 every Tuesday at Helen Fitzgeralds. That's when they were Gargoyle loung and Gargoyle Reign. They're awesome!