Saturday, April 18, 2009

Things I didn't know about myself. Warning: slightly politcal blog follows. Turn back now if you want!

According to a new report, I am a racist. I am a radical. I am an extremist. I might even be a terrorist. I know. I was shocked too. I have never before posted my political views on my blog. Politics can be a very sensitive subject and a lot of people can become enraged. I believe people are entitled to believe whatever they want. I will not question someone's believes or try to persuade them to believe otherwise. I would never tell someone that I cannot associate with them because of their political views. I accept you for who you are regardless of height, weight, color, sex, political view.
I have chosen now to say something because the most resent ramblings have me very upset along with millions of other people. Yes, I would say that politically, I lean more to the right. Eek. My dirty little secret. Now that that is out in the open let me get to the most important matter at hand.
I am not a racist. No. I did not vote for Obama. I did not base that decision on his skin color. In fact, I told my husband that I do believe the United States is ready for an African American president. I would NEVER judge a person's ability on the color of their skin. My disgust with the excessive debt the U.S. is building up does not fall on Obama's shoulders alone. When Bush was bailing out banks, I was very angry also. I do not harber some sort of resentment for Obama. I do NOT want him to fail. If he is able to turn this economy around, GREAT!
I am not a radical. I am not an extremist. I do not run around breaking laws and brandishing my gun. I do not threaten anyone. I simply believe what I choose. Being singled out by the governement because I disagree with this president and the prior president doesn't make me an awful person. I am not a right wing nut job. I feel BOTH sides are to blame for this mess and the direction it appears to be going. I have a right to voice my concern within reason.
Oh, and I believe in God. Yep. This probably makes me a loon too. That will be for another post. LOL.
Sorry for boring you with my little rant. If you don't ever read my blog again because of this, well, it was nice knowing ya. If you continue to read it inspite of my believes, thank you for not judging me or dispising me. I think we can all live in harmony. I believe it was Rodney King that said,"Why can't we all just get along?" LOL. Not the greatest American to quote, but fitting enough. I think we can get along. :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I too am upset about all these bailouts and all this debt our children are never gonna be able to pay back. It doesn't make sense to me, but then alot of what politicians do doesn't make sense to me! And I didn't vote for Obama either ;)

Katie said...

You crack me up! :) I agree.