Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shopping Trip

I am trying to start a new budget for the month of May. I really need to hunker down and watch my spending. So do you D!!! :) I am allowing $60 per week for food. This may sound like a lot to some, but we eat. A lot. We also drink a lot of milk. I decided to go ahead and do a bulk of my shopping today. I purchased all nonperishable goods (pantry and freezer items). I know that I will have to make quick trips for milk and produce. No biggie. I wanted to take a picture of my goods, but I was in a hurry and forgot. :(
Here is a rundown of my day:
Walmart-
2-soy sauce
2-baked beans
1-bbq sauce
1-lasagna noodles
4-Velveeta shells and cheese
2-Kraft Mac and Cheese crackers
1-Cheese Nips
1-bacon bits
3 lbs onions
2- Speedstick deoderant
2- $1.50 MQ off 2 Velveeta shells and cheese
$.75 off 2 Speed Stick deodorant
$1.00 off 2 Kraft Mac and Cheese crackers
Total: $25.05
I will have to go back to Walmart though. The deodorant did not ring up at $1.00 like is advertised. I didn't realize it until just now. :( Oh well. It happens.

Aldi
8-can diced tomatoes
4- cans tomato paste
3-gallons skim milk
1- gallon whole milk
1- package tilapia
2- cans of corn
5 lbs ground turkey
1- package chicken breasts
2- packages of margarine sticks
1- package brats
2- packages hot dogs
1- package pork chops
2- cans parmesan cheese
vegetable oil
garlic powder
onion powder
ketchup
2- jars salsa
1- lb sausage
2- cans tuna
3- cans black beans
syrup
2- boxes spaghetti
jelly
4- packages tortillas
2- packages cheese slices
ham cubes
12- bricks of cheddar and mozzarella
3 lbs apples
sour cream
2- packages rice
2- packets gravy mix
3lbs bananas
4- boxes cereal
3 dozen eggs
1 bag pretzels
2 bags tortilla chips
6 loaves bread
1 can chili
Total: 127.40

Total for the day: $152.45
$87.55 left for the rest of the month

It doesn't sound like a lot of food, but trust me. It is. Hehehehe. Filled my pantry and my freezer. My hubby is going to be shocked.

No comments: