Saturday, April 4, 2009

Proud

My husband is quitting smoking!!! I'm so proud and happy. I don't want to say that I have been bugging him to quit. I haven't been. I did let him know that I am worried about his health and that I want to keep him around for a little while. I, of course, turned on the tears. I swear I am such a sissy. (Actually, I'm a Scorpio. We are VERY passionate. We have a lot of emotion.) When D found out that the price of his smokes was going to nearly double, he was even more motivated to quit.
D told me he thought he deserved a prize if he quit. LOL. I asked him what he wants. He can't decide between a laptop and a new amplifier for his guitar. I figure we will easily save money for that since he won't be spending it on smokes. I think it is fair enough. His buddies at work are teasing him. "What if you have one after you quit?" D said he wouldn't. He knows I will take it away before he has a chance to say sorry. I'm a mean old lady.
Good luck, honey! I am so proud of you for quitting. I understand it's going to be challenging, but I am here for you. The kids are so proud you are quitting also! Think of the great example you are setting for them by doing this! I love you, D!!




















3 comments:

Trisha said...

Best of luck to him!!!! :)
Ric quit in January of 2008 - I have never been so happy. The house doesn't smell anymore, and we're saving that money too! YAY!!!

It is going to be hard at first, but hopefully he can do it!

Ric does occasionally have a cigar here and there, but MUCH better than a full pack of cigarettes a day!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Good luck D! Can you come talk to my husband??? My choice would be a new laptop...

Mary said...

Woo hoo! I wish him lots of luck! It won't be easy, but if he puts his mind to it, he can do it. He's going to feel like a whole new person-a healthy one:)