Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pasta a la Cecilia

I didn't have as much red sauce as I thought and since I make my own, I had NO time to make another batch for dinner. I decided to whip up a batch of Alfredo sauce and mix the two together. I know there is a name for this but I have no idea what that name is and I'm too lazy to look right now. LOL. My photos are horrible and I apologize. I really want to learn how to take good pics. I will start practicing. Swear.

Ingredients:
1 jar of your favorite red pasta sauce
1 pound ground meat (I used turkey)
1 box of pasta (any shape, I still have a ton left from what A gave me)
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
2 tablespoons flour
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 to 2 cups milk (for a richer sauce use cream or half/half)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
mozzarella
salt to taste
pepper to taste


1. Put garlic and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until onions become translucent. Also at this time, start your water for the pasta.
2. Add ground meat to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until done. Add red sauce to skillet. Reduce to very low heat.
3. Place butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Allow to melt.
4. Add flour. Stir. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Whisk in 1 cup of milk. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat.
6. Add Parmesan cheese. Check the consistency. If your sauce appears fairly thick, add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
7. Keep covered on a very low heat.
8. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta.
9. Add pasta, red sauce and white sauce to pot and stir until well combined.
10. Top with a little mozzarella. Or a lot.

I served the pasta with some leftover biscuits I had. I add melted garlic butter to the tops and warmed them up in the oven. The kids LOVED this. The hubby loves all food, so he enjoyed it too. :)

1 comment:

Boyd Team said...

Mmmm! I'm going to have to make this!

Also, I left something for you on my Blog :)