Friday, April 10, 2009

My hubby's progress

Well, it has been 6 days since D stopped smoking. He had a little slip up on Monday. He found a third of a cigarette and decided to smoke it. I was very angry with him, but I was also happy that he was able to tell me. He chose to get an amplifier. He is sooooooo in love. LOL. He also knows that if he even takes one drag off a cigarette I will have the amp back up on Craig's List. The first three days were pretty rough. He complained. A LOT. I just kept telling him how proud I am and how proud the kids are. And that I love him for doing this. I know that it is hard, but he can do it.
The guys at work are trying to bring him over to the dark side, but he has resisted. He is realizing the nasty stench associated with smoking. He had a vest and jacket in his car that haven't been cleaned in a while. He put them on the other night because it was freezing. He said he couldn't stand the smell. I like that I can go to bed on the weekends and his clothes and hands are stinky.
I know I said it before, but I am so proud of him. I never thought he would EVER try to quit. Seeing his determination to do this lets me know that he really does listen to me. Occasionally. Lol.

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Good job D!!! FYI-the Peep s'mores even tasted better than regular s'mores!!! Hoppy Easter to you too!