Friday, April 10, 2009

Is it ever going to end?

I suppose this question could apply to many situations. Let me see what I can come up with....



1. My allergies/cold: I'm not sure which it is. I don't know how to tell the difference. The sinus drainage is so bad that I choke. I prop myself up with four pillows and take any medicine under the sun. Benadryl doesn't even do the trick. I don't really want to go to the doc because of a runny nose and coughing. Plus, taking Little D to the doc isn't as much fun as it sounds. I know. Poor me! LOL.



2. Crimes against children: In my opinion, a person who commits a violent crime against a child has NO place in our civilization. I know some people say, " You can't solve violence with violence." If you are spineless and coward enough to hurt a defenseless child, you deserve what you get. Haleigh Cummings. Caylee Anthony. Sandra Cantu. Samantha Runyan. Polly Klaas. Shawn Hornbeck. Ben Ownby. Arlin Henderson. JonBenet Ramsey. These are just a few off the top of my head.



3. Drunk drivers: I cannot for the life of me understand why people feel the need to drive under the influence. If you are impaired, you should NOT be behind the wheel. There is always another option. Choosing to drive drunk, is choosing murder.



4. The rain: Every day that I wanted to get started on gardening, IT RAINS!!!! Oh my goodness!! I am afraid that by the time the rain breaks for long enough, it will be too late. I want a garden. I'm not really sure how to garden, but I think I can figure it out. I love fresh tomatoes. I want fresh onions and herbs. I even want to try canning. I hope it isn't too difficult.



5: Many Americans' idea of entitlement: An awful thing is happening in our country. Every day, more and more people feel they should be getting something for nothing. They believe that they deserve to have the finest things and do not have to work for them. How did this happen? When did we become so worried about what we have and how much we have? When did we become so greedy? I am definitely going to have a seperate blog covering this topic.

Well, that is enough doom and gloom for one day. Just a few things that were bothering me at the moment.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I TOTALLY agree with #5. My little sister is 23 and she thinks she's entitled to get her mani and pedi every week, her hair colored, and gasoline paid for by my dad just because. I'm like you're a working adult, you are living above your means. It is everywhere, I totally agree with you. It's a shame.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I hear ya about the garden!!! We planted some stuff and have had to cover and uncover it and I just want to see some veggies out there!?! Also, amen sister to #5!!!