Monday, February 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Week of February 2
Monday- Chimichangas
Tuesday- Bruschetta Chicken
Wednesday- Stroganoff
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Tilapia with spinach
Saturday- Breakfast Casserole
Sunday- French Toast (possibly stuffed), eggs and bacon

I am going to make fish. Hmmm. I'm a little nervous about this. I have never cooked fish. My husband wanted me to fry it. I refused especially because he is complaining about wanting to eat healthier. Hopefully it will go well for me!!

I went over budget last week. I didn't freak out too much about it because I was able to stock up on items that I know we will use (chicken, cheese, cereal). Not to mention, the week before I was under budget by $15. I was running through the ad for Schnucks. They are doing their 10 for $10 deal. I think I remember seeing eggs, lettuce and tilapia. Hmmm....sweet.

D and I were sick over the weekend. I suppose it was the true flu. We were both so achey and ran fevers. It wasn't much fun, but I think we are starting to recover.

I also wanted to thank everyone who commented on my last post. I had blogger's remorse after I posted. I thought was sharing way too much info about myself, but it really did help to get it out. It's nice to know that I'm not really crazy. Today was a better day at work. I actually got to use the restroom!! LOL. It's the little things in life.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Your menu looks good. Tilapia is SO easy to cook. Probably the easiest fish to cook and it doesn't stink which is great!! :)

Mary said...

It is a crime to fry fresh fish! If I had an outdoor grill, I would eat fish every day. It's also delicious baked, broiled, or even pan-fried.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Tilapia is yummy!!! Schnucks has the best Southwestern Encrusted Tilapia...kind of expensive (I think like $7.50 for two pieces which is good for us) but we LOVE IT! Just throw it in the oven, bake and make a side of veggies and you're good to go! Good luck!