Friday, February 13, 2009

Herb french fries

These are an oven baked french fry. You can use any old tater you would like. I just happen to have Yukon gold on hand.

Herb "french fries":
3 medium Yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425
Wash taters and cut into pieces about 1/2 inch wide and the entire length of the potato (like a french fry). Place oil on the baking sheet. Add potatoes and coat with oil. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until evenly coated. Place in oven. Check after 10 minutes. Remember: you are cooking on a high heat. You don't want to burn these taters. Once crispy on one side, turn and cook until golden brown. For a little extra yumminess, I add a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese during the last five minutes. Delicious. If you are going to do this, you may want to go a little light with the salt. Parmesan tends to be a little salty.

3 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Yummy! Happy Valentine's Day!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Yes, I thought that was a rip off too. I'm sitting at home waiting for Petco to call to come get him right now...I think I'm going to take Emma too so she doesn't feel left out! What's new with you???

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Hey...update your "About Me"...you're a married woman now!