Friday, February 13, 2009

Fiesta Chicken Tacos

I found the original recipe at Joelen's Culinary Adventures. Of course, you know that I had to adapt it a little bit. I'm not one for staying inside the box. I did make the recipe for the cream of chicken soup and I was pretty pleased with it. It is cheap and lower in sodium so that is a huge plus.

Original Recipe:
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Cream of Chicken Soup
(I made this homemade cream of chicken soup to use instead of canned)
1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa OR Picante Sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup whole kernel corn
1 can drained and rinsed, black beans
4 boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
Paprika
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
corn tortillas, warmed


MIX soup, salsa, water, corn and beans in 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Top with chicken and sprinkle with paprika. Cover.

BAKE at 350°F. for 45 min. or until done. Sprinkle with cheese.

SERVE by slicing chicken and stuffing in warmed corn tortillas.

My adaptation:
I left out the corn. Why make it healthy??
I also seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper and a little bit of cumin. Tasted phenomenal. I also used flour tortillas. I prefer them over the corn. I also added my own toppings: lettuce, tomato, plain yogurt (I know it sounds gross, but it really is a great substitute for sour cream).

No comments: