Thursday, January 8, 2009

Budget Week 1

I first established my food budget at $60. That is not a lot of money for a family of 5, in my opinion. My opinion matters too, because, well....let's face it. I'm a big girl, and I LOVE to eat food. Kids are always hungry. They are like bottomless pits. I don't know where they put it all.
I made my weekly trip to Aldi and spent $47.55. I was concerned that I would not have enough milk to get through the week. I was right. I didn't take into consideration that the soup recipe I had used 7 cups. Duh me.
I made a trip to Walmart and purchased three pounds of onions for a little over two bucks with tax. I also had to make a trip to Walgreen's. I knew they had Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream on sale 2/$6.00. No, we really didn't NEED ice cream, but I just so happened to have a $3.00 off coupon. I cannot pass up two containers of B & J for 3 bucks. I just can't do it!!! LOL. For the week, I ended up spending $57.90.
I was under budget!!!! It's not much under, but a penny saved is a penny earned, right?? Hopefully, I can keep this up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good job! I wish I could be diciplined enough to have a budget like that. I envy you!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

And you said you had no self-control!?! Sounds like you do! I love ice cream so I'm with you...there's no way you could have passed that up!