Thursday, January 15, 2009

As if you cared

I apologize for my lack of posts. I have been so tired that I just don't feel like it. I am still trying to catch up on all of the sleep I lost while Little D was sick. It's easier said than done. Not to mention that because of my increased anxiety, my dreams are more vivid. I never really have a restless night sleep. I would love to go to the doc to get my nerves taken care of but I can't. My hubby's employer decided NOT to send the information to the insurance company. I'm not exactly thrilled about that. It's a darn good thing I didn't go to the doctor yet. We cannot afford some ridiculous bills.

I had a small victory on the home front! D and I were arguing about paint colors. Again. He said something commenting on my affinity for the color purple.
D: "It's f***ing ugly."
Me: Ok, bucko. That's fine if you do not like the color, but there is no need to be so hateful.
D: It's just a color.
Me: It is my favorite color. I love it. When I see the color, it is comforting to me. It makes me happy. That's why I haven't been happy since we moved here. You won't let me have anything purple. (I was joking when I said this.)
D looks at me like he might possibly be in deep thought. I could tell he was thinking. There was smoke coming out of his ears.
D: You can have a little purple, like art or something. But is HAS to be abstract art.
I am doing the happy dance on the inside. I can't wait to start looking for some art that has some purple in it. I may even try to sneak in some purple throw pillows. Insert evil laugh.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

YAAAAAAAAAY Purple! :)