Monday, December 22, 2008

My daddy is famous......sorta

My mother called me a little after nine last night. I cringed. That's a late call and those can never be good. Not to mention I had just gotten Little D to sleep. Thank goodness he sleeps like his daddy. Anywho, my mom tells me to turn the television to channel 2. That's all she says. Mmmmmmm k. I click over to channel 2. I decide to go ahead and hit the record button. Hey, ya never know, right? This is the story that came on.

My parents live in Troy. They have lived there for twenty plus years now. My dad started volunteering at the fire department over ten years ago. My mom got the crazy idea to make him a Santa suit a few years ago. Around this time, you can find my dad at the local preschool and some fire department events as a "Santa Helper" as my kids call him. He really enjoys it. He loves kids. He's got to be one of the best dad's and papa's around.

I thought it was awesome that the city was able to rally and get so many things together for this family. This is truly what Christmas is about.

The kids thought is was sooooooooooooooooooooo cool that their Big Papa was on t.v. AND they got to see their dad's fire truck. LOL. They are so funny. They didn't want to tell anyone at school about it. They weren't sure if other kids know that Santa has helpers, so they didn't want to spoil it. Awww........they can be sweet.

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

That's great that they didn't want to spoil it for any of their friends! We have a councilman that dresses up for Santa for all our events and he's great! I hope you and your family have a great holiday season!