Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Flippin' Christmas

D sent me an email from work. He received word that they will be cutting salaries starting January 1. Awesome. The sensitive and emotional side of me flipped out. I started crying. A lot. I understand by doing this the company will save $200 million dollars and that not many people will lose their jobs. This seemingly came out of left field. D had heard NOTHING about this. Couldn't they have told us 2 weeks ago when D was deciding to go ahead and get the "cancer" insurance? (I am very high risk for skin cancer, so he figured it would be a good idea.) Should we go ahead and try to put our house up for sale and move into an apartment? My hours were cut at work recently. How are we going to do this??
The rational side kicked in after about an hour. Yes, it is going to be difficult. Yes, we will have to cut some things out of our lives. We don't spend a lot of money on extra "stuff"anyways, but if need be, we can cut our satelite package, home phone, etc. We don't NEED these things to have a good life. I am thankful that as of now, D and I are both still employed. I realize that there are several million people who are out of work with no hope in sight. I am extremely thankful for that and have prayed every night expressing my gratitude.
We don't know what is going to happen during these financially difficult times. I take solace in the fact that D and I will go through this together. We will work it out together. We will do whatever it takes, aside from stealing.
I was done feeling sorry for myself before I even went to bed. Yes, it's unfortunate, but it could be MUCH worse. For everything I have, I am thankful.

No comments: