Friday, December 12, 2008

The day before the big day.

Where should I begin??? I guess I will start with Thursday. The lovely ladies I work with got together and got D and I a gift. I was really touched. They did not have to do that. They are all having some financial difficulties, but they wanted to do something for us. I cried. Just a little though. My boss let me go home so that I could get to work on some things. I was crossing items off my list when, Little D decided to help me out. Apparently, my phone needed a bath. In the toilet. I went into the bathroom to put something away. I didn't shut the door all of the way. I also was not aware that Little D had my phone. I hear him say, " Uh oh." He does this all of the time. So I really didn't think much of it. Then about 5 seconds later I hear a huge splash. He slam dunked the phone into the pisser. Crap. Well, thank goodness there wasn't any. Luckily, we always have a couple of spare phones lying around just for this occassion. My good friend H came over later Thursday evening to help me finish up my to do list. She is such an awesome girl. I am so lucky to have her as a friend. Seriously. She watched the kiddos for me so I could go spend some time alone.
I had kind of been in a funk all day. I was just really quiet and not myself. I was trying to hold back the tears. They eventually came. It was about 9 Thursday night. I was talking to my mother about how happy I am and how lucky I am. I lost it. I felt better when I was finished though. I finally made it to bed around 11. This is VERY late for me. I need my sleep. I'm a big baby. Speaking of. I almost forgot. Little D woke up the exact moment I put my head to my pillow. CRAP. I think he had a bad dream or something. I was finally able to put him back to bed at 1. Who needs a good night's sleep any ways???

Next post: The bid day, finally.

1 comment:

K said...

I got my dress from Ann Taylor online. It was on sale for only $90!

Can't wait to see a post about your big day!