Saturday, November 1, 2008

Germies

I should be cleaning my house right now, but I'm not!! I feel like it is just a huge mess. In all actuallity, it's really not that bad, but it is NOT up to my standards. I will clean it after I eat my fatty breakfast. This will be my last fatty breakfast for a while. Monday, I am starting a huge diet. Well, perhaps diet isn't the best term. I'm going to attempt to change my lifestyle. I am making a pact to eat better and excercise more. I hope I am able to stick to it. I think it will help that a couple of ladies from work are joining me. We are going to have a contest!!

I haven't cleaned the house house this week because I was sick as a dog. I know it seems to be going around. I came down with a cold three weeks ago. It wasn't any fun, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this latest round. Tuesday night, I felt fine. I woke up Wednesday, and I felt like I had smoked a carton of cigarettes. My chest was killing me. Thursday was a million times worse. I was running a fever, and my chest was SO tight that I was having trouble breathing. My breathing was very shallow. I called my mom (she's an RN) to see what she would suggest. I have been known to have high blood pressure so I don't want to kill myself over some cold medicine. She suggested Mucinex. It worked ok, I suppose. I think it would have been more effective if I would have woken up in the middle of the night to take a dose. My mom also offered to come down and get Little D. I had been off on Fridays for a while. She was going to take him Thursday night and bring him back Friday night, so that I could rest and get well. That was so sweet of her. My mother and I have really never been close. Ever. I try, but it's hard to form that bond that you missed developing at a young age.

The kids had a blast last night. Well, Grace didn't. As expected, she started complaining half way through. A, Tater and Grace's bonus mom (we don't say step because that sounds evil.) came over to walk around with us. She has been fighting off a nasty cold too. She brought me some of her OTC meds that she had left and some homemade soup!! How flipping sweet is she?!?!? She is such a sweetheart. It made me feel good that she thought of me. Since I'm the mommy, no one ever really takes care of me when I'm sick. I know, I know...woe is me. LOL.

Ok, well.....breakfast is finished, so I must tackle this mess I call my home.

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Good luck cleaning today! I love the term bonus mom...both my parents didn't get remarried until I was in college or later (like a year and half ago) so I've just always called them my mom's husband or my dad's wife but if I was a kid I would totally want a bonus mom! I love Angie-she's the best! I'll have to try to get her to bring me some homemade soup!