Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yummy, yummy food.

I am craving some food. Not just any food though. I want some food from my hometown. I really, really miss Avanti's. This is the one on Sterling in Peoria. I've spent a lot of time there over the years. And a lot of money. But, it was well spent.


I pretty much love all of the food at Avanti's. They have a sandwich that is called the Gondola. LOVE IT!!!! It is my absolute fav. It's a crusty bread that is slightly sweet with salami, ham, cheese and lettuce. They have a supreme version as well, but I just stick to the original. If any one has had a sandwich from P'Sghetti's or Pomodoro's, the bread is similar to that. But six million times better.
Avanti's does deliver, unfortunately, I'm a little outside of their area. Too bad.
The other item I am craving hard core is another local hit. Kitchen cooked potato chips! Love them!!! I'm not sure where they started, I just remember being pissed as hell when we moved to Missouri, and I couldn't have my chips any more. These chips are so tasty. I love them with Prairie Farms French Onion Dip. Mmmmmmmmm. Delish.

I need to make another trip back home. I am wanting to go to The J Family Christmas next month. I miss my family terribly. You know what, I'm going to go. Assuming the weather isn't too bad. D is gonna be pissed but oh well.

1 comment: