Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Poop

I couldn't think of a better title for this post. This post isn't even really about poop. I do think that poop is a funny word. On to the post.
I was reading the news online yesterday. An article caught my attention. It was about Bank of America buying out Countrywide Mortgages. Hmmmmm. D and I have a mortgage through Countrywide. My inner self says," Wonder what this means for our mortgage?" I continue to read more of the article. It says that B of A is figuring on losing $8 billion (or is setting aside the money, I really am not sure how to interpret it) for restructing some 400,000 bad mortgages from Countrywide. I am assuming these are only the loans that people are behind in. It would be super awesome if they would restructure ALL of them before things get really out of control. D was able to get a loan. I'm not going to go into specifics, but the fact that he got a loan is astonishing. Needless to say, we pay PMI. We knew that going into the loan, and we did a lot of calculating and figured we would be able to make the payments. We were told that we would be able to refinance after a year and we had equity in the house. Guess what?? Not so. The economy nosedived, so we are still paying the PMI. Yada, yada, yada. I'm not whining. I know PMI is bad and what not, but D refused to rent another house. I'm glad we have our own home and all of the great things with that. I'm not complaining about that. My problem is the "restructuring". People are going to be bailed out because they were not able to make their payments. Well, what about those of us that did make our payments? Do we get bonus points?? Will they go ahead and take off the PMI? I told D that he needs to call Countrywide tomorrow and ask them if it is too late for him to be deliquent on his account. Hehehehe. I mean, if they are just gonna wave a magic wand, why not skip the next couple of months? I wonder what the customer service rep would say to that? If he won't do it, I will. I need some comedic relief.

No comments: