Thursday, September 25, 2008

Brimfield, IL

I was going through some pictures on my computer. I found some from my quick trip up north. I am from Illinois originally. I spent the first four years of my life in a cute little town called Brimfield. It is about 30 minutes from Peoria. Peoria is pretty much a half way point between Chicago and St. Louis. Brimfield is the type of town where there are more bars and churches than anything else. There is only an IGA to shop at. When I lived there, the town had about 300 people in it and I was related to half of them. I LOVE visiting. It brings back such great memories. I wish I lived there now.


The church I used to attend and was baptized in. This is also where we had my grandfather's funeral. When he was sick in the hospital, he asked all of the time if it was snowing. We would tell him no, not yet. As we were walking into the church for his service, it started snowing. I cried. Some sad tears but some happy.

My old stomping ground
Another shot of my old house. It has a nursery with Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin painted on it. It was the poo.
This is what remains of my favorite black walnut tree. I used to have a little rope swing that I would play on too. Every morning, I would run outside and gather up nuts. I would grab my trusty brick and get to crackin. Mmmmmmmm. Black Walnuts.
This is one of my aunt's home. I love this house.
I also paid a visit to the cemetery where a lot of my family now resides. I know that sounds terrible, but my dad was an oops baby. That side of the family is on the older side. My dad has nieces and nephews that are just a couple of years younger then he is. Hehehehe. I hadn't been in 15 years. I said a little prayer to my grandpa and grandma. It was such a great visit. I really want D to come up with me sometime. He'd love this town.

No comments: