Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Days

Well, Grace and Tater started school last Thursday. I really wanted to be off. It was Grace's first day in a new school and Tater's first day period. I was not able to take off. That left D in charge for the big day. They are also riding the bus which they have never done. I'm usually leary about riding the bus, but it's hard to say no when the school bus literally picks up right in front of our house. I helped them pick their outfits the night before. I got up early (3:00 am) because I was so nervous. I wrote everyone little notes of encouragements and reminders. I asked D to take pictures.
Here is Grace:

And Tater:

D made sure they took their baths, had their bags ready and even made breakfast for Grace. He's cooked for me maybe 4 times in three years!! The kids could not wait to go out and wait for the bus. They were outside 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

In this pic, the bus has just pulled up and the swarm of kids take off. I think Grace was already to the door by the time D was able to snap a picture.

This pic cracks me up. The kids were getting tired of D taking pictures of them. LOL

They have enjoyed every day of school so far. We aren't but a week in. D made eggs almost every day. I'm so jealous!!! I hope they have a good year. Of course, I will work my butt off to make sure they do a good job.

No comments: