Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My son Little D

Little D is my third, youngest, and hopefully last child. He is currently 9 months old and such a pain in the rump. But I wouldn't have it any other way. He has started standing on his own. Exciting!!!! He crawls everywhere. He also thinks anything with buttons belongs to him. Must be the name. He is named after his dad. I was not given a choice in the matter. Luckily, it's not a name like Bernard or Humphrey.


He is the only child I know of that loves to have is nose booger sucked. That's a technical term for removing snot with a bulb syringe. Serisously, he giggles like crazy. He loves his brother and sister. You can see a notable difference in his attitude when they are home and when they are away. It is so sweet. He is a smart little boy. He catches on soooooo quickly, which may or may not be a good thing. D still swears up and down that Little D looks like him. He resembles him in some ways, but every time I look at him, I feel like I am looking at one of my baby pictures. It's fitting, since his birthday is the day before mine. I'm really surprised that his hair has taken a reddish tint and his eyes are still blue. I figured I would have a brown haired, brown eyed baby.

The above picture was taken one afternoon while I was doing dishes. I have to put him in his bouncy seat so that he doesn't hurt himself on anything when my back is turned. I noticed he had gotten pretty quiet. I went to check on him and saw that he had fallen asleep in his bouncy seat. LOL. Poor guy.

I love all of my children and I am so blessed to have such healthy, well-behaved children. They mean the world to me. I would bend over backwards to make sure they have everything they need. I do spoil my children occassionally, but I don't spoil them rotten. Every now and then I will want just a night away from them, but then I wonder what I would do without them? I have to have the noise, the blabbering, the mess, someone constantly needing me. It's a great feeling having those little arms sqeeze you tight, their little lips giving you a quick peck on the cheek and hearing, "I love you, Mommy."

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was going to say: look at all that red hair!! Beautiful!