Saturday, August 2, 2008

I think I might be indecisive, but I can't decide.


I went to try on bridal gowns today. I only tried on a few. I started to have a major panic attack when I was there. The store was crowded. There are 600 million different styles. The style I LOVED looked awful on me. The dress that looks good makes me feel like a grandma. Then I started to think about all that I have left to do. I love racing thoughts. I cried on my drive home. I was upset because I'm pretty sure "the dress" is not going to end up being "the dress". Should I just settle on a dress that looks good on me, or should I get the dress that looks better on the rack? Many of you don't know me in real life. I cannot make a decision. I lose it. I freak. I can't even pick out cereal for my kids. They are kids; they will eat any sugary cereal. They don't care, but I still have to flip out over it. I wanted to buy some ice cream today to help me feel better. Guess what!! I couldn't pick out a damn flavor. This is getting ridiculous. I've tried medication in the past, but I just turned into a zombie. Maybe prayer or meditation is what I need. Blah.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awww, I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I really wouldn't worry about it. You'll be ok. Just keep looking. You will know the dress, either when you try it on or when you can't stop thinking about it later.

You definitely have time.

Jen said...

I had the same thing happen. My dream dress looked so incredibly frumpy on me that I lost all hope. I never found "THE dress" but I did go with one that looked pretty good on me. I made sure it had the one detail that I fell in love with on the other dress - lace.

Good luck - don't let it get you down!